Stretching

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Stretching

Post by Bridge »

After my morning workout I do about ten minutes of stretching. For some reason when I try to do another workout later in the day, I feel very tired doing my workout. If I don't stretch until after the workout in the evening, I feel great doing the evening workout. Does anyone else have ths problem?
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Stretching

Post by emfermi »

Bridge, I have never experienced the problem you are mentioning, but I have given it a thought and this is what I have come up with. Maybe when you are stretching you are doing it quite vigorously, specially holding your far out stretched position for a few seconds. Thus, you are performing an isometric contraction. You say you keep up this for ten minutes and that is an isometric regime on it`s own. So my guess is you are doing DT PLUS an isometric training session all in one and that effectively you are straining yourself. If that is the case, I would recommend you to cut down the time or tension during your stretching period. Maybe even try to massage the muscles worked, as Mr. Atlas recommends. Hope it helps.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

You are right on, Luigi! I have cut back the time I hold my stretches and voila, I have energy for my evening workouts. Also, I have begun to mix up my workouts daily to keep my old body guessing, and this is energizing as well. Thanks, Luigi.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Bridge, I'm glad to hear it worked!