Worth the extra cash?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
boredreiver
Last Name: Bick
First Name: Duncan
Address: 19 Bowden Road Melrose Roxburghshire TD6

Worth the extra cash?

Post by boredreiver »

Would anyone recommend buying the Atlas bok over the download? I'm ordering from the UK and, since the £ isn't as strong againt the $ as it used to be, the price difference is quite significant. Just want to know if it's worth paying the extra cash.
MrDynamic
Last Name: Michael Law
First Name: Tony
Address: 7WarwickRoadLondonN112TJ
Phone: 2223333

Re: Worth the extra cash?

Post by MrDynamic »

Don't buy the book as you don't get the full program, download it, i have both and know this to be true..
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

I bought the Atlas book over the downloadable version. The difference: 1) the paper quality is very good; 2) you get two full color versions of the Mac and hey skinny advertisments; 3) you can add material to your file. I have printed all the artciles in the "Museum" section and added them to my file. That makes it an Atlas package more appealing to myself. If none of these is appealing to you, get the downloadable version. You get all what you are offered in the website and will not have to wait to get your course.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

I ordered it both ways because I bought a copy for my son. The one I ordered by mail came with a nice binder and dividers. That is a plus.

However, the one I ordered by download comes with a color picture. Atlas looks tanned and fit. Its just black and white with the printed version, but I suppose you might get the same thing if you have a black and white printer. You have to put it in your own binder. I used the diploma as the fill for the cover.

Personally, I like the color picture of Atlas and think it is well worth it AND you get it instantly.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Well, I don't know how much is meant by extra cash. I'm assuming it's not a whole lot. Is $1 still equal to about 1.5 lbs? At that rate, I'd say it is worth the extra cash. One of the common misconceptions of the Atlas course is that it is expensive. But people forget how expensive and inconvenient the alternatives are. DT can do for you anything and everything the alternatives can - within reason. It is certainly much easier and cheaper lugging the Atlas course with you on a fishing trip to the mountains than carrying barbells and dumbells up there. So I say it is worth the extra cash.
boredreiver
Last Name: Bick
First Name: Duncan
Address: 19 Bowden Road Melrose Roxburghshire TD6

Post by boredreiver »

Cheers folks. How long, roughly, would it take to ship a paper copy to the UK?
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

I live in Lima Peru. I received my copy roughly five days after I placed my order. Remember that it is send via priority mail, so you should receive it in a similr time. The postal service in my country is not known for it's effciency, so the delay on the arrival to my home is more attributable to local issues.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I was in the sporting goods section of a world famous discount chain yesterday. 120lbs of weights + the barbell and bars for the dumbells + a simple bench costs over $200, and that excludes any instruction booklets. They were cast-iron weights. There were no vinyl coated cement weights. Cast-iron is preferable anyway. But at any rate, the Atlas course is more than a bargain compared to apparatus.
Giant Soldier
Last Name: Cobb
First Name: Jim
Address: 5190 N Camino Esplendora
Phone: 5209069077

Post by Giant Soldier »

Why not buy the download and then print it up? I put mine in its own binder covered with some cover art I printed off of the site.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I saw a sporting goods store ad in today's paper for a set of cast iron weights for $49.99. The bench was advertised for $169. DT is still the least expensive.