Chest excercises

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Hezi Malamud
Last Name: Malamud
First Name: Yehezkel
Address: Kfar Saba - Israel

Chest excercises

Post by Hezi Malamud »

I have a question: I'm doing the perpetual lesson. I wanna know if it's good replacing the chest dips with another chest excercise, for example lesson 1, excercise 2 or 3.
Thanx,
Hezi
warrior
Last Name: Get
First Name: Lost
Address: Parts unknown

Re: Chest excercises

Post by warrior »

the dip exercise is a basic exercise and the basics are life long and giving so no but you can add just dont over train
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I wouldn't replace dips myself but would add extra exercises, the perpetual lesson list the minimum basics that you can add to. If you have a problem with dips then you will have to use what is good for you, many enthusiasts will add advance variations as they progress. You don't have to do dips but it is a great strength and muscle builder.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

PERSONALLY I WOULD STICK WITH THE DIPS, SUCH A POWERFUL EXERCISE.
IT TRAINS SO MUCH MORE THAN THE CHEST.

ALL THE BEST IAN
Matt
Last Name: Matthew
First Name: Koncar
Address: 1736 Malvern St Lauderdale MN 55113

Post by Matt »

The dipping exercise is a comprehensive exercise that works many muslce groups - not just the chest. I think it should be a primary exercise and a basic part of your routine. However, I don't think it will hurt to skip it several times a week in lieu of another chest exercise. It would probably be good to work your muscles in a different way every so often. Personally, I find Lesson 1, exercise 5 particularly tiring in my chest. Good luck!

-Matt
stanssoapbox
Last Name: Barlow
First Name: Simon
Address: 59 Grange Drive Melton Mowbray Leicestershire

Post by stanssoapbox »

Once the initial 12 Lesson course has been completed I would not suggest that anyone ever does a single daily workout that does not include the Dips, Squats, Crunches (upper abs) or Knee raisers (lower abs). Even the Perpetual excercises no. 5 (lower back) and no.6 (Bicepts) are pretty important.

Basically everything in the Perpetuals is too important to neglect except perhaps the neck and calves which I only do when I am specifically following the Perpetual Daily lesson instead of the Ten Steps To A Better Body Lesson.

But having said that even the Squats can be substituted short term by running or in my case sprinting up and down the stairs about ten times, having a few moments rest then doing another two sets. Whenever I do this I don't feel the need to do any Sqats on that particular day.

But as far as the Dips go I cannot think of a single excercise that can act as a substitute.

Cheers from Stan.
stanssoapbox
Last Name: Barlow
First Name: Simon
Address: 59 Grange Drive Melton Mowbray Leicestershire

Post by stanssoapbox »

Nothing can replace the Dips. They are not just a chest excercise but they develope the triceps and shoulders as well. Even the lower back is kept tense to prevent the stomach from touching the floor and the stomach is kept tense to prevent the back from arching upwards.

Before I started the Altas Course and became accustomed to doing daily Dips my lower back and stomach used to feel the strain whenever I performed the Dips, but after daily practice I don't feel a thing in my back and stomach and I therefore know that these areas have been developed and strengthened by practicing the Dipping excercise daily.

And the Dips can be varied so much as well. They can be done with the arms wider to put more pressure on the chest and the arms narrow for the triceps and with the arms lower for the lower chest and the arms really high for the front shoulders and upper chest. I sometimes put my feet on a chair and my hands on the floor for a real powerfull shoulder workout but I do this in addition to the standard Dips which is the main foundation excercise.

Anyway bye for now, I gotta go workout.
Stan.