Yaeger1

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Yaeger1
Last Name: Yaeger
First Name: Adam
Address: 4N 385 Briar lane 60106 Bensenville Il

Yaeger1

Post by Yaeger1 »

Hello everybody, once agian yaeger1 has a question. Ok some time ago I made a post that I had gained several inchs to to my body after increasing my calories consumed. I hurt my back and yada, yada, yada, I lost nearly everything. Now Im back training and eating like before. Im gaining weight and I can do more reps, but my mucsles are not inproving. By this time into my traning last time I had a 41 inch chest now Im only at 39 :!: :?: :|
Please comment.
Ten41
Last Name: Jones
First Name: Thomas
Address: 11862 Fred Harvey Rd Sanderson Fl 32087

Re: Yaeger1

Post by Ten41 »

Yaeger1, I got to admit that I personally don't know the direct reason that you are smaller now that you have started back. Did you lose weight?

Anyway, I did want to post a reply so that you did not think that you were just shouting into the wind. :)
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Yaeger1, I really cannot not tell why you are experiencing this with the information given. Having said that, and based on the tone of your post, my guess is that you are too eager to improve and maybe that is working against you. Remember that hydratation, moderation and rest are also needed.

Also I have noticed, and maybe that is your case, that at some point my muscles decreased in size, but became more tight to the feeling. In other words, they increased in density.

Hope this helps
Yaeger1
Last Name: Yaeger
First Name: Adam
Address: 4N 385 Briar lane 60106 Bensenville Il

Post by Yaeger1 »

No, it’s odd I keep the same weight loss most of my muscle mass and now can do more physically but do not have the same measurements.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

There is something that you must remember, muscle size is not in direct relation with strength. If that were true, bodybuilders would be terribly strong and they aren't. Thus, may it not come as a surprise to you that maybe you are able to perform more dips even though your muscles are smaller. Strength is directly related to the development and condition of tendons and ligaments.

Since you are speaking of chest size, I will concentrate on lesson 1. First, I would recommend to maybe vary the order in which you carry out the exercises. Maybe your body has become used to the routine and you need to vary things up a little bit. What works for me is to do lesson 1 in sort of a circuit, as detailed below. As for reps, for the dips try to get around 75% of your maximum number. For the rest of exercises, try to hit 10-12 reps under heavy tension. I would recommend to rest between 45-60 seconds between exercises and to really concentrate in your muscles while training. Remember to listen to your body, and to "train, don't strain".

[*]1 set of dips
[*]1 set of exercise 2
[*]1 set of dips
[*]1 set of exercise 3
[*]1 set of dips
[*]1 set of exercise 4
[*]1 set of dips
[*]1 set of exercise 5
[*]1 set of exercise 6
[*]1 set of exercise 7

This has worked for me, maybe you can give it a try. It would be nice if you share your numbers and where you are in the course. Good training!!! ;)