Cold showers

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Cold showers

Post by geosta »

Hello,
I was wondering how many of us are following the cold shower advice from lesson seven.
I started following them since summer and I keep taking my morning shower with only cold water.
It feels so much better. It fills me energy and keeps me warm all day long.
I follow all the advices including slapping, rubbing etc and I think that all are very important and effective.
I highly recommend them to everyone!
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Cold showers

Post by emfermi »

Oh, what would I do without my morning cold shower. It really kicks the energy in for good!!!! No wonder that lesson is called "Water: The True Tonic Of Life" ;) Even for someone who does not exercise, I am sure that lesson will make a huge difference in their life.
TheShadow
Last Name: Kruse
First Name: Chuck
Address: Pennsylvania

Post by TheShadow »

I have been skeptical about the cold shower advice, and never did that part of the course. I know lots of folks do it, there is even one school of thought that says you should pour a bucket of cold water over your head every morning!
Nice to hear that someone is doing it and finding it a good thing. Maybe I'll take a second look.
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Post by geosta »

Yes, I was skeptical too shadow. Although I am a Dynamic Tension fan for more than 4 years now, I just started following the cold shower / water advices since the last summer. Sometimes we may think that in a course that started so many years ago we may find some advices that are no longed valid but Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension was and still is way ahead of the time. You can search the Internet about cold showers and you will find so many articles based on the latest scientific research that recommends them. Charles Atlas knew it!
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
simonjr
Last Name: Leonard
First Name: Simon
Address: Dayton Ohio 45342

Post by simonjr »

geosta wrote:Hello,
I was wondering how many of us are following the cold shower advice from lesson seven.
I started following them since summer and I keep taking my morning shower with only cold water.
It feels so much better. It fills me energy and keeps me warm all day long.
I follow all the advices including slapping, rubbing etc and I think that all are very important and effective.
I highly recommend them to everyone!
I am still on lesson #3 but having read some of the postings here (including this one) I have already started taking cold showers. Well two, in fact. Last night and this morning. I'll have to read up on the slapping/rubbing/etc but I feel good after my cold shower this morning for sure!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Simonjr, Lesson 7 can be put into practice right off the bat because it does not include any exercises, just the value of water and how to apply it. If only for medical reasons, jump right into it!!!!! :D
ejoe4655p
Last Name: Pope
First Name: Joe
Address: aaaaaa

Post by ejoe4655p »

I can't stand to step directly into a cold shower, but soon as I get it in I start carnking it down. Finish with very cold. I have a problem with excema (itching for no apparent reason) on my legs. The dermatologist said to use as cool a water as possible and that is better for anyone.