Simon's Progress Report

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
simonjr
Last Name: Leonard
First Name: Simon
Address: Dayton Ohio 45342

Simon's Progress Report

Post by simonjr »

Hello I am Simon and 4/30/2012 marked the start of my 3rd week with the Charles Atlas Fitness Program. I cannot believe how strong I feel now. My first day I could
hardly do 10 of the first exercise and already I am doing over 50.

I have been lurking a bit here over the past week and picking up some pointers and suggestions from other posters. For instant. I have been doing the first exercise for 10 reps then I do the second exercise. After that I go back and do 10 more reps of the first. I keep that up through all of the 4 or 5 exercises as I am able. Actually, until yesterday, four sets was my limit on the first but last night, for some reason, something clicked and I had the best workout yet. I was going deeper, longer, and harder than I have thus far. Man I was so pumped. This morning was nearly as good despite a nasty headache (I suffer from chronic headaches and have all my life.)

I have also been including a mid-day cardio workout which is usually walking 2 or more miles.

I am overweight (have been most of my life) and though I haven't seen any drop in weight, I am seeing increased strength and size in my muscles.

I hope to get to know some of you here and pick up any pointers and suggestions.

Simon
simonjr

Re: Simon's Progress Report

Post by simonjr »

Wow! Another awesome workout this morning. I lost count on the number of reps I did on exercise #1. It was either 7 or 8 reps which is more than I have been able to do thus far.

I feel like I killed this mornings workout!!!!
simonjr

Post by simonjr »

Well I did it! I have completed my 3rd week with Charles Atlas's course and I haven't missed a single workout!

I just read about Lesson 4 and boy it looks tough but I am up to the challenge!
simonjr

Post by simonjr »

I have just complete my 4th week of 3 workouts per day.

- A.M. Strength Training

- Mid-Day Cardio

- P.M. Strength Training

I cannot say that I’ve wanted to do each workout, but I can say that I have stuck with it! For that, I am proud of myself!
Ware
Last Name: ware
First Name: ryan
Address: my house

Post by Ware »

Congrats, Simon. Let us know how it's going.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Excellent progress Simon!!!! Sticking to your routine is something to be proud of. Man, I cannot express how you'd feel when you finish the 12 week course ;)
simonjr

Post by simonjr »

Ware wrote:Congrats, Simon. Let us know how it's going.
Thanks Ware! Lesson 5 is very tough! The neck exercises are difficult. I am a bit sore for the last three days, but I am not letting that stop me! Pain is weakness leaving the body, so I will power through!!!
simonjr

Post by simonjr »

Lesson 5 is complete! Now on to Lesson 6.
lancers
Last Name: Ducharme
First Name: Craig
Address: PO Box 12 Stuarts Draft Virginia 24477
Phone: 5408496811

Post by lancers »

Keep up the good work. Progress makes perfect.
simonjr

Post by simonjr »

15+ mile bike ride today.

It was farther than I should have gone, but I sort of got into a zone and kept telling myself, “Just a little farther, then I will turn around and go back.”

My legs are tired, but not overly so. My back though, that last mile really got to my back.

It took me about two hours to make the 15+ mile journey which I think was good for me as it isn’t a flat journey at all. It was very hilly and for the first half of the trip I had a healthy headwind slowing me down and making me work harder.

Going to have to take it easy this evening, relax, rest and recoop before I try to tackle my PM workout and those back exercises.