walking

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
lch
Last Name: hamlin
First Name: chip
Address: 4043 mooneyham lonewood rd spencer tn 38585
Phone: 4238815152

walking

Post by lch »

how many of you workout while walking? if you want to lose weight i would suggest it i had a lot of luck doing this and i didnt walk long distances either i have a backroad beside where i live it is 8/10 of a mile to an old barn with a fairly steep hill about 50 yards long before i start home ill go up and down it a few times it works wonders for taking off weight and you can eat regular meals while losing fat(regular but sensible)
MrDynamic
Last Name: Michael Law
First Name: Tony
Address: 7WarwickRoadLondonN112TJ
Phone: 2223333

Re: walking

Post by MrDynamic »

Where i live there is no privacy -loads of people,cars and houses - i'm pretty sure sure i would find myself on youtube!lol
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

how many of you workout while walking?

Post by Henry Marczak »

Yes, today at work I walked with several loads of 3/4 stone in a wheel barrow, and carried stone splash pads to various locations. I do a lot of walking on the building site where I work, and often carrying something heavy.
ben
Last Name: White
First Name: Benjamin
Address: Box 1231 Shallotte NC 28459
Phone: 9108801226

Post by ben »

I plan to start back walking in the fall when it is cooler.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

My dog walks me two miles a day. :D
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Walking is the best, if you alternate your routes from time to time.

Brewster Bridges
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

My wife does a lot of bicycle trails and walking. Our town has a lot of paved bike paths through natural wilderness that is also used for walking. We went on one today, about 3 hour outing, including walking to the paths and stopping at coffee/donut shop (I had 2 plain old fashioned with my coffee). I didn't just walk but started to loosen my whole body almost like salsa dancing, the shoulders, arms, waist and hips all move in a kind of circular movement. I did this along the way at odd moments. I would start to tense my whole body starting with the legs, butt, back, chest and arms, then reverse the order relaxing as I breathed out.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

If you can't walk in public, for whatever reason, clear out the longest path you can in your home. Measure it. Multiply it by 2. Divide this second number into 5,280 feet. This third number is how many laps you need to walk a mile in the privacy of you own home, and not end up on you tube - unless you live with a nut. Be sure to be brisk in your walking. This is how I walk.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

How do you actually do the walking advise....couldn't find it. Do you keep your legs tense?
while walking and would this work on an eliptical machine?
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

My wife did a long beach trail last week, "walking on sand is hard work" she said. I imagine Atlas would walk and run on his beach area.