DT plus weights?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
MrBones
Last Name: Page
First Name: Steve
Address: 6013 N. Tampa Street Tampa FL 33604

DT plus weights?

Post by MrBones »

Hey guys - brand new to forum.

I've always been interested in the DT training, back from seeing the comic book ads as a kid. I currently work with weights but think DT would be a great supplement to enhance my physique. Being in my mid 40s I am leery of overtraining and/or trying to lift too-heavy weights that end up damaging my joints or worse.

Does anyone else use a combination of the two, and if so, do you have any advice on making this approach work?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: DT plus weights?

Post by Henry Marczak »

I prefer to train with Martial Arts and Dynamic Tension, I found weights would make me feel too sore and stiff at times.

Try doing your squats and push ups on the side of a hill outside, each facing North, South, East and West
Jendall714
Last Name: Torigoe
First Name: Victor
Address: 5220 Fiore Ter M216 San Diego CA 92122

Post by Jendall714 »

I do the same thing, I combine my workout with Martial Arts and Dynamic Tension. I usually do the Dynamic Tension before I start my Martial Arts workout, helps me to get limber. I use to use weights when I was younger, never had any results, just made my arms tired, never could feel any "burn" in my muscles until I started doing Dynamic Tension exercises.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

THE ONLY WEIGHTS I USE THESE DAYS, SMALL HAND WEIGHTS 1 POUND, FOR PUNCHING DRILLS AND A 8 POUND MEDICINE BALL, FOR THE ABS AND CHEST AREA, KIND OF LIKE GETTING HIT. ALL THE REST IS" DYNAMIC TENSION"