Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Post by Henry Marczak »

At 148 lbs I tended to have some belly fat that I didn't care for, yes skinny folks can have belly fat. I trimmed down to 138 lbs and the belly fat disappeared and have a very lean torso where muscles pop out in bold relief. All I did was cut down on carbs, bread, snack bars (protein or granola) etc. didn't cut down on fats. basically eat salad and meat for lunch. It's well worth forgetting about trying to bulk up and just get in great shape. I've plateaued now staying at the 138 mark, if I wanted to lose more weight I would have to bump things up, maybe less food or more training.

Basically I would recommend dropping the carbs but not fat. Lots of veggies with meat or other protein (like tofu).
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Did you cut out carbs entirely?
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I didn't go zero carbs, just cut out the bread and snack bars I usually took to work and cut back on pasta etc. Switched to almond milk for my breakfast muesli = less sugar. I'll go back to cows milk next shopping day. Did eat some bread again but it's the sprouted grains kind.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

When you do eat what carbs you do eat, do you refrain from eating them before going to bed?
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

What I would eat before... Breakfast = a cup of coffee (instant), a cup of real muesli with whole milk and a tablespoon of whey, a banana, cup of my juiced blend another coffee. Snack = protein bar. First Break = meat sandwich and a pear, tea. Lunch = another sandwich and frozen fruit (mango, strawberry and blueberries) in Greek yogurt honey sweetened, tea. Last Break = another sandwich and orange or tangerine, tea. Home Supper (sample) = breaded chicken "sweet", oven roasted chipped potatoes, veg, gravy. I'll drink decafe instant coffee though the evening. May have a snack bar or toast and hot milk cocoa.

On the carb reduced diet... Breakfast = a cup of coffee (instant), a cup of real muesli with almond milk and a tablespoon of whey, a banana, cup of my juiced blend another coffee. First Break = two chicken drumsticks and a pear, tea. Lunch = salad with chopped sausage (banger) and frozen fruit (mango, strawberry and blueberries) in plain yogurt, tea. Last Break = tangerine, tea. Home Supper (sample) = salad with some kind of meat. No evening snack or cocoa.

Not sure what I'll be eating next week but yesterday when I came home got two slices of thick sprouted grain bread, two burger patties sandwiched with Gouda cheese between. Have been eating plain peanut butter and jam between toasted bread for evening snack (about 7pm.) I went back to one sandwich on first break, and had my protein bars as well, no weight gain but plan to keep things moderate.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

That's impressive. All last year I omitted carbs and fat at supper and lost 47 pounds. Do you supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals?
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I take a 50+ vitamin and mineral tab, 1 or 2 fish oil caps and a vitamin D tab every morning plus a tablespoon of whey isolate on my breakfast cereal.

My diet goal was to lose belly fat and I did, not that anyone sees me shirtless. I don't think I need to be that slim and may eat to gain weight again, I seem to be stronger at a heavier weight. At 166lbs I was my strongest and was Atlas student of the month (October), could never gain weight till I started drinking about 6 cups of milk a day, went up to 174lbs.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Henry, how tall are you?
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

SPEARHEAD wrote:Henry, how tall are you?
A bit over 5" 9" still just under 140 lbs and I think I'll keep it there. If I try to bulk up to gain muscle size I end up with belly fat again. At 62 I'm not out to follow some mass gaining diet of bodybuilders, but keep a clean healthy diet and a good sensible fitness program to go with my present job working for a building company as a labourer.

In the mirror when doing Dynamic Tension exercises the muscles look good and have good definition, good abs are a plus. I last had a photo taken by my daughter with her phone (she lives out of town now), we now have a digital camera but trying to take a mirror self shot gets flashed out, my workout area is in the basement and has poor lighting.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

when you weighed 174, was it muscle? That's not bad for 5'9".