Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Post by Henry Marczak »

174 lbs is a good weight for someone my height but at 174 lbs my heaviest ever I would not say it was muscle but was bigger all round, arms where 2" bigger etc. At that weight my belly was 37" (relaxed) so wasn't lean. I soon after got a job on a building site and went from 166 lbs (maintained weight for a year) back to 150 and lost the muscle size. That was a very hot summer and couldn't eat much due to heat, humidex was 50c = 122f. I think some guys who show off bigger arms forget it's likely not all muscle when they have a big belly especially when there's no muscle definition.

138 lbs is my lean body weight, gaining isn't going to be muscle but gives the illusion of bigger muscle. I grew up in Northern England when there was no fast food or snacking and we never over ate, people then thought gluttony was disgusting. So I always have been scrawny but nowadays it's a muscular scrawny.

There was a TV show from the UK, it had selected somewhat overweight folks with very poor diets and the first thing was to get a poop sample. What I noticed when I eat lots of veg such as salad with meat for lunch I always have very healthy stool, I switched to meat and pasta for lunch and change almond milk back to whole milk it wasn't so good at all. I'm going back to my salads, the meat I'll keep separate and heat in the works microwave then add to the salad, that wat it's not cold. I'm not a fan of cold drinks and food straight out the fridge, I'll warm up slightly my morning veg juice. I make my own veg juice, carrots, beets, celery, ginger, broccoli stalks, green apple and maybe this week add bok choy.
sodbusterjohn
Last Name: Muma
First Name: John
Address: Powassan Ontario Canada

Post by sodbusterjohn »

You are right on about the breads and white flour products in general Henry. I stick with 2 pieces of whole grain whole wheat with my breakfast, and even that is enough. Breads, candy bars, chips, are killers that just go to your waist line and stay there. I find that fat around the belly the hardest to get rid of, I do 50 crunches every morning, to help with the gut. Have a good one,,,,,,John
sodbusterjohn

Post by sodbusterjohn »

Hi Henry, I give it to you, I cannot eat that amount of bread of any sort, it goes to my waist. I do crunches now, and push ups daily trying to lower that belly fat. I seem to lose it every where else than there. It was so easy to put on as well.LOL I have to admit, starting my day with the stretching, and the breathing exercises from lesson 1, does put me in a better frame of mind for the day. :D Have a good one. John
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

You have to keep losing the weight, I got down to 138 lbs to get my waist real lean everywhere. I work as a labourer so am active all day, if your having trouble with losing the weight you need to get more active with your whole body for longer periods. There's a TV show that has people competing to lose the most weight, these contestants train all day like it's a job. A thousand crunches isn't as good as a thousand squats for weight loss.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

You might want to try walking for an hour every day. Doing total body exercises like walking, pushups, and squats are conducive to weight loss. And remember weight loss is 80 percent diet and 20 percent exercise.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

How is everyone's weight - do you have washboard abs ?

I had to get down to 138 lbs to have lean abs and no fat on the hip muscles. Growing up in the North of England everybody was slim, so my natural weight was 136 lb. Over the years doing some home weight training (nothing hard-core) my steady weight was 150 lbs and was lean. Into my 60's 150lbs isn't so lean. My recent weight was steady at 146lbs but didn't quite have the chiseled mid-section, the muscles on the hips are developed so any fat there makes them look a bit like luv handles.
sodbusterjohn

Post by sodbusterjohn »

Evening every one, as for weight, mine is about 178, give or take a few pounds. I am a mechanic by trade, 61 years old, 5' 10" tall. Had to leave work in the 90's, as I have a hereditary blood disorder, which allows my body to grow aneurysms through-out and I have constant internal bleeding,,,, I go for iron transfusions every other week, for ever now. . The biggest problem was/is lungs. Just under 19 operations to put platimum coils in my lungs to block them, then eventually the left lung had to come out in 2010 anyway. When I left work, I was at 173, and in pretty good shape, over the years ballooned to 265, and joined a weight loss group, which helped me get back down to 180 area. I cut fire wood here on the farm, and hay, but have to re-opened hernia's that I have to be careful of as well, and both shoulder rotator cuffs are ripped,,,,,,,,,,, :lol: These are the reasons I thought about Charles Atlas, and the Dynamic Tension course. I cannot do the push-ups any where but off the counter with my shoulders, otherwise I can do so far, everything pretty well. It is a living process for sure. I could not down load the measurements portion of the stuff to mail in, any suggestions? I want to be registered with Charles Atlas, to keep track of my progress. Have a good one, og yes, did not know the squats would lose more stomach fat than crunches, thanks for the tip , later, John
Marine0861
Last Name: Williams
First Name: Stephen
Address: TEXAS

Post by Marine0861 »

Hey Sodbuster, he is correct, the squats will burn the fat a whole heckuva lot better than crunches. Crunches will make your abs stronger, and build them muscle, but the layer of fat will still be there. Squats burn fat and up your metabolism so you continue to burn fat even when you're done doing them.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

6'1", 196 lbs. 33 1/3 inch waist.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

SPEARHEAD wrote:6'1", 196 lbs. 33 1/3 inch waist.

You have a great waist size for your height and weight