Diet...changes and challenges?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Diet...changes and challenges?

Post by Vitaman »

who follows the diet, what changes have you made. I do low fat dairy mostly, 2% milk, lean meats mostly chicken and fish, eliminated most white flour still like a vanilla wafer or animal cracker for the low fat and sugar.....what do you do? As i see it most of Mr Atlas' health advise holds up strong , even the cold showers. Let's chat.
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Diet...changes and challenges?

Post by Henry Marczak »

I've taken a cold bath plunge, and last winter after Yoga class I would go on their outside deck in the snow barefoot and wearing only a tank top and shorts, walkabout and do some exercises, like the Iceman Wim Hoff.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I try to keep it within the following: Eggs, Milk, Fish, Poultry, Legumes, peanut butter, 100% whole wheat bread, 100% whole wheat flour, yellow corn meal, oats, potatoes, onions, garlic, greens, apples, bananas, carrots, canola oil, olive oil, grape fruits, celery, honey, and other fruits and veggies when they're in season. I boil my eggs, and use them to cook with. I'll drink whole milk, 2%, or skim. I have acquired a taste for skim. I don't fry my eggs. I steam my veggies. I don't fry anything. And I don't eat the same thing every day. I will drink 3 eight oz glasses of milk daily. I don't insist on eating only organically produced foods, as they're a bit too pricey for my budget. Unfortunately, I do my share of straying from time to time, but normally this is my staple diet. Also, I supplement it with vitamins and minerals.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Spearhead I agree, I stray but not in a crazy way. I haven't done fried in a long time partly because it does not agree with, I am also lower fat because of health issues...but I like what you said. I do not do organic unless there's nothing else in something I want or if its the same price as regular. I believe there's a lot of fear mongering in regard to food nowadays in a way that's does not promote positive diets.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

SPEARHEAD wrote:I try to keep it within the following: Eggs, Milk, Fish, Poultry, Legumes, peanut butter, 100% whole wheat bread, 100% whole wheat flour, yellow corn meal, oats, potatoes, onions, garlic, greens, apples, bananas, carrots, canola oil, olive oil, grape fruits, celery, honey, and other fruits and veggies when they're in season. I boil my eggs, and use them to cook with. I'll drink whole milk, 2%, or skim. I have acquired a taste for skim. I don't fry my eggs. I steam my veggies. I don't fry anything. And I don't eat the same thing every day. I will drink 3 eight oz glasses of milk daily. I don't insist on eating only organically produced foods, as they're a bit too pricey for my budget. Unfortunately, I do my share of straying from time to time, but normally this is my staple diet. Also, I supplement it with vitamins and minerals.
BRAVO!....reread this love your post! fried is not good, straying is ok as long as its not everyday several times a day...i just polished pff some graham crackers last night but atleast they are whole grain and low in sugar. I do lots of veg then fruit , nuts seeds, ginger, sometimes i use digestive enzymes with beef or a bigger meal...up in the air about vitamins right now, was taking most of my life but......
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

anyone using any protein powders or shakes, whey, vegan etc....i am eyeing some fruit and veg powders, beet powder for the energy, recovery and other health benefits (helps liver and asthma issues as well)......your opinions?
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Vitaman wrote:anyone using any protein powders or shakes...
I add a heaping tablespoon of whey protein to my morning muesli, sometimes I'll buy protein bars for a between breakfast and 1st work break but they'll be the cheaper kind. I've seen all the powdered stuff and food bars at the Superstore but they seems rather expensive.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I once knew n old lady in her 90s. She's deceased now. But she used to be sick all the time, and felt bad all the time. Then the doctor told her to cut out all highly processed and refined foods. She did, and she got well, and felt good, and stopped being sick so much. And lived to be about 96, I believe. As for the vitamins, you'll probably be alright, but if you got all the vitamins and minerals you need to maintain optimum nutrition, you wouldn't be able to eat all the food you'd have to in order to get them in the quantity you need. And some days, you may fail to get much to eat, for whatever reason. Supplements come in real handy then. Atlas permits eating graham crackers. Ginger gives me a powerful belly ache, but if you can handle it, that's fine.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Graham crackers today are not the health cracker they were back then but atleast they have fiber, low fat and I believe low sugar. I buy mine at aldi or trader joes. Ginger I love and i use it to help with a healing digestion issue.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Henry Marczak wrote:
Vitaman wrote:anyone using any protein powders or shakes...
I add a heaping tablespoon of whey protein to my morning muesli, sometimes I'll buy protein bars for a between breakfast and 1st work break but they'll be the cheaper kind. I've seen all the powdered stuff and food bars at the Superstore but they seems rather expensive.
I know superstores can be expensive and in this area not really cost effective or good quality for protein powders, one popular club sells green powders on there site but its sporadic and funny thing is its there brand. Been trying to get Beet powder from them for ages...moved on. I know we can't mention companies but I buy from some good companies running the gamete in cost..still do smoothies from fruit and veg and nut butters, oatmeal at home.