Diet...changes and challenges?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Re: Diet...changes and challenges?

Post by geosta »

I too follow the cold shower advice every day, summer and winter. It's so much invigorating.

Also, about the food, I follow the following - very valuable - advice: I always eat when I am calm and I try to have a social, pleasant conversation while eating.

Also, I am not gulping the food but I chew it well, giving my teeth their share of work, as Atlas says.
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I like to listen to either Enya or Sissel while i eat. talking about calming you down, and setting a pleasant dining atmosphere. Classical music can be good too. Dining is a good time to get your music bath.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

I love enya...I listen to all kinds of music...new age, classical, world music, Japanese, Chinese, 1960's - 70's pop and R&B. Love some occasional sarah brightman. Music "bath" comes when ever during the day for me. Eating however gets confusing, Atlas nutrition advice is sound and I love what I read taking into account advances in nutrition etc.
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Come to think of it, my family and I used to listen to lite fusion jazz or classical during dinner, got away from us somehow..got to reinstate it.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I'm an organic gardener, and I try to grow as much of my own food as I can. I don't buy into the organic thing entirely, but once I experienced pesticide poisoning first hand, I decided for me at least, that organic is the way to go. Professionally, I am an agronomist, so I know what I'm doing.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

ok fair point
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

When I said I know what I'm doing, what I meant was I know how to grow my own food. I wasn't trying to come across as a know it all. One thing I've learned in college, and in life, is that the more things I know, the more aware I am of the fact that I don't know much. There's always room for more learning. I first joined the Atlas forum in 2002, thinking I had DT and BBing all figured out. I knew a lot about both, but found out there's a lot I didn't know, and still don't know. So take my advice on things with a grain of salt. :)
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Thats cool...I don't get BBing though.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I find it easier and quicker to type "BBing" and "BBer" than to type "bodybuilding" or "bodybuilder." I notice, time to time, others doing the same. So I guess it's acceptable.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Eating Cleaner

Post by Henry Marczak »

Since I'm almost 64, every 2 years I get mail telling me to get a FOB (faecal occult blood) test kit from my Doctor. So may as well have a physical and get my blood work done. Nowadays you can read your results a day later online. Haven't chatted with my Doctor but looks like it should come down a bit, haha eat more beans and oats.