Milk

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Milk

Post by Henry Marczak »

Seek out the best-quality milk from local sources when possible. This means milk that is more expensive than the stuff from the convenience store around the corner, but as with meat and eggs, I think what that extra money buys — better animal welfare, fewer pesticides, support for a more sustainable food system — is worth it.

I have in the past years been drinking milk and even bulked up to 174lbs from 150 in 4 months drinking milk with meals. At the moment I'm drinking almond milk with my breakfast muesli and continuing with that. Nowadays I'm not into bulking up but to be in lean fit shape and almond milk is my choice, and fortify it with plain micro filtered whey protein isolate. I use to drink cocoa in the evening with milk but that's probably much sugar.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Milk

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Do you prefer whole milk or the other stuff?
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I prefer whole milk and will be going back to whole milk next shopping day. In Canada we buy bulk milk in bags, I bag contain 3 smaller bags which = 4 liters, each fit in a special jug, milk is cheaper that way. I have my milk and have also gone back to my usual eating for weight/muscle gain and ready to train harder. At work yesterday I had to move some concrete over spill on the job site it was a large mound of set concrete and weighed a ton, no way I could pick it up but did flip it like you would a tire. Working on a building site is great opportunity to test strength and endurance, so need to eat a fair bit of grub.
ca_admin
Site Admin

Post by ca_admin »

IN TODAY'S WORLD MILK SHOULD BE ORGANIC AND FROM FREE RANGE COWS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANTIBIOTICS GIVEN TO NON ORGANIC COWS. IF YOU DON'T THEN ALMOND MILK IS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE. FORUM ADMIN
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

What's your opinion of goat's milk? This question is for both of ya'll.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I've never tried goats milk but have had goat cheese.

My fave cheese is Edam, great on bread, toast one side first under grill, flip add cheese and grill under broiler till browned a little and bubbly.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I like goat's milk. It's sweeter than cow's milk, and easier to digest. Not readily available around here. I haven't had any since I was a kid. Pun intended. I haven't tried goat cheese.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Last shopping day we bought Almond Milk, still have milk and till it's gone mix it 1/2 and 1/2. I switch cereal to one that has soy grits in it so has 14g protein and I add whey isolate.

I have read that the best kind of protein powder is with the 3 kinds of whey in it such as the Atlas Nutrition Whey Protein.
sodbusterjohn
Last Name: Muma
First Name: John
Address: Powassan Ontario Canada

Post by sodbusterjohn »

The goats milk asked about, is actually pretty good. I use to buy it when I could get it. I am on a farm up near North Bay Ontario, and I always enjoyed goats milk, as well people with problems with milk, can usually drink goats milk with no problems.
Henry Marczak

Re: Goats Milk

Post by Henry Marczak »

I'm in London Ontario and pretty sure Superstore has goat milk in the health food isle. I've never tried it.

I normally drink whole milk but while on my low carb experiment to lose fat I tested the almond milk. But now I think it's time to carb up, my job is fairly strenuous at times. Most likely will go back to my usual diet which includes whole milk.