Milk

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Milk

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I haven't tried the store bought kind of goat's milk. I've seen it, but I haven't tried it. I'm a bit apprehensive about trying it. If it's like canned vegetables, I'm sure I wouldn't like it. Take canned beets for instance. I can't stand them, but garden fresh beets are like candy from the garden. Same thing about sweet peas, carrots and canned greens. I can't stand them, but garden fresh they are a delight.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

i drink 1 or 2 percent milk because of health issue...i maintain mostly low fat but i am a big fan of almond milk as well...
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

SPEARHEAD wrote:garden fresh beets
We buy beets, carrots, celery, ginger and apples for juicing, which we also use in a magic bullit type blender adding leafy stuff which doesn't juice well.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

sticking to 2% milk now...not looking to gain weight actually want to lose another 2-3 pounds. On juicing I prefer smoothies, just made a banana kale smoothie..milk, dash of honey, whole banana less than a hand full of kale. Came out great. I believe the fiber is also important so an occasional smoothie. I think alot of the people who do those juicing diets feel better because they cut all the crude out of their diets. Here's to good health and yes garden fresh beets over canned anyday!
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

reply to ca admin on organic milk...absolutely milk should be free of hormones and antibiotics but organic is expensive, good milk and dairy free from those items should be the focus i think. theres alot of scientific push back on the organic movement....eat good dairy free from hotmones and antibiotics, eat lean meats, and feast on fruits and vegetables. Also
as our grand parents did, washing your produce is sufficient enough no fancy washes needed. Just my opinion.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Believe it or not, I have acquired a taste for skim milk. I never thought that would happen.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

I was doing skim then went to almond milk for a long while. Now I am back to milk for the most part and its 2%, I keep mostly low fat in meat and dairy not veg. I do 2% because the body does need some fat as far as i know...this morning I tried a hasty protein shake with 2% milk, some greek yogurt and a popular low sugar vitamin fortified powdered chocolate milk powder...came out great!
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

You need to look up Atlas' milk diet. I'm glad it's no longer part of the course. I could never drink that much of anything.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

well diets of the past without the benefit of today's science and advances sound off , all that milk may have made sense back them for the protein, but all that daily fat?....heart attack city. I am back to drinking milk because of the course but 1-3 glasses a day the most.
Vitaman

Post by Vitaman »

Didnt mean to make it look bad on fat or the milk diet....Milk was probably the best protein back when, now we have whey protein isolate and hemp, pea etc for sensitive people and as far as fat everybody needs some hopefully its the good fats they get and not the trans fats. That's why I drink 2% milk still lower in fat but has enough for paletability and still being 36% lower than whole milk.