DIPPING EXERCISE

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Luigi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A_Lima27_Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: DIPPING EXERCISE

Post by Luigi »

I personally perfom 3 sets of 35 repetitions in the morning, with some DT stretching exercises. AT night I'll repeat my dips again and do the whole perpetual lesson. That way I amange to do my 200 dips daily.

Luigi
Hezi Malamud
Last Name: Malamud
First Name: Yehezkel
Address: Kfar Saba - Israel

Post by Hezi Malamud »

I have a question: I'm doing the perpetual lesson. I wanna know if it's good replacing the chest dips with another chest excercise, for example lesson 1, excercise 2 or 3.
Thanx,
Hezi
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Ian has done 97 reps in a single set of dips. Has anyone done a hundred or more? I don't think I will ever reach this total, but for those who can it is a tremendous achievement.
Nate Merit
Last Name: Merritt
First Name: Nathaniel
Address: 3811RockwoodWayAptKWestValleyCityUtah84120
Phone: 8019555471

Post by Nate Merit »

Hey Ian

When I do the "dipping" exercise I do them between chairs--of course--and I dip down as low as my skeletal range of motion will allow. I elevate my feet to an extreme degree (about seventy degrees), throwing most of my bodyweight onto my upper body. I move very slowly--four to five seconds down and four to five seconds up--with intense concentration on both form and on my muscles, meaning i THINK strength, endurance, and size into my muscles. I cannot do a lot of reps this way--twenty five is it--but the results are excellent. Sometimes I also do them at a less severe angle of about forty five degrees. Experimenting with various degrees of elevation of the feet and speed of movement is an excellent way to find what works best for ones own body.

The point of moving slowly is that it makes the pushups extremely INTENSE. I've always been more interested in brute strength and muscle size--hey I'm a shorty dontcha know!--and this approach has given me great strength as well as bulk.

Oh, and I also do the dipping exercise one arm at a time. I now weigh 180 so that's a real workout for a guy nearly fifty five. Of course, I don't do the one-arm dips between chairs LOL! I do them with my hand and feet on the floor.

NNNNNNNNNNNate
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

HI NATE, DO YOU DO THE DIPPING, EXERCISES EVERYDAY AT THAT INTENSITY, OR DO YOU DO LIGHTER DAYS ?

CONGRATS ON GETTING TO 180 POUNDS.

I ONCE TRIED THE DIPS TAKING ONE MINUTE DOWN AND ONE MINUTE UP.

IT WAS EXTREME, SHAKING LIKE MAD, AND IT TOOK AGES TO RECOVER. I WON'T BE DOING THAT AGAIN.

ALL THE BEST IAN
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I've done 180 in one set before. I prefer 3 sets of 50 in each workout.
Paradise68
Last Name: paradis
First Name: stephen
Address: 302 birchrun drive apt 103 spartanburg sc 29301

Post by Paradise68 »

Before I ordered the course, I started doing the dipping exercise. So I had a little jump on the chest muscles when I finally recieved the full 12 lessons. I do 200 a day, 4 sets of 25 in the morning or noon and 4 sets of 25 in the afternoon or evening depending what my schedule looks like for the day. In my opinion this the safest way to "dip" without straining yourself. BTW I decided to repeat the whole course again to keep things interesting.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

SPEARHEAD wrote:I've done 180 in one set before. I prefer 3 sets of 50 in each workout.

THAT IS A STAGGERING NUMBER OF DIPS TO DO IN ONE GO SPEARHEAD, WELL DONE, KEEP UP THE GOOD TRAINING.

ALL THE BEST AIN